Paddle Wanaka are proud of the high safety standards and service levels that are install in all of our activities.
We hold all required licenses and permits to operate in the regions that we explore. To ensure that legal compliance is just a part of quality control, our best practice is pursued vigorously with continuous assessment using both internal and external audits.
We hold the highly regarded Adventure Mark Certification, which is a NZ outdoor safety audit programme as well as achieving Qualmark Bronze level of certification. Through New Zealand Tourism we have been classified as an endorsed visitor activity.
Here is a short list of the accreditations and various external tests Paddle Wanaka subjects itself to exceed and comply:
- Adventure Mark Adventure Activity Safety Award/Audit
- Commercial Skippers License – Maritime New Zealand
- Maritime NZ MTOP & MTOC – Maritime New Zealand
- NZOIA Sea Kayak 1 – New Zealand Outdoor Instructor Association
- NZOIA Kayak 1 – New Zealand Outdoor Instructor Association
- Passenger Endorsement – New Zealand Transport Agency
- Transport Service License – New Zealand Transport Agency
- Pre Hospital Emergency Care – St Johns Ambulance
- Wanaka, Hawea Lake and Rivers Resource Consent – Queenstown Lake District Council
- Wanaka Foreshore License to operate – Queenstown Lake District Council
- Certificate Of Fitness for all operating vehicles – New Zealand Transport Agency